WELCOME TO THE CHIA CO
We’re really glad to have you with us on this journey to help make the world a healthier place, one serve of Chia at a time. We were founded in 2003 in the North Western corner of Australia, 15 degrees from the equator in the Kimberley region. Where our Chia grows perfectly with the maximum amount of Omega-3 in each of its seeds.
Growing our own Chia seeds and producing our own products, you are assured of the highest possible quality for everything bearing The Chia Co name.
We are proudly sustainable farmers. John Foss, our founder and CEO, is a pioneer of the genre and comes from a family tree stacked with four generations of farming in their blood. While researching how to combat modern diseases like obesity, cholesterol and diabetes, John discovered just how much the modern diet is lacking in Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and protein. Upon discovering the Chia seed, he knew he’d found an answer to how he could achieve his vision to make a positive contribution to the health and wellness of the global community.
In 2007, after a few years of agronomic research and trials, entrepreneurial farmers Robert Boshammer and Tim Croot joined The Chia Co as partners to help John take this important seed to a global market.
In 2012, John Foss and CMO April Helliwell gained new USA based partners VO2 Partners and Arlon Group to support the company’s fast growth and global expansion. The Chia Co formed a new board of directors including Stacy Madison, founder of Stacy’s Pita Chips.
THE CHIA CO LOGO AND TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE SUSTAINABILITY
Founder John Foss created The Chia Co three leaf logo to represent the company’s commitment to triple bottom line sustainability.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABLILTY
- Make a positive contribution to public health by making Chia available to as many people as possible
- Educate the global community on the value of good nutrition and Chia’s role in that
- Provide fair value to all communities we operate in and help build those communities in which we farm
- Grow Chia in perfect harmony with nature, improving nature’s gifts along the way
- Use natural, gravity-fed watering methods
- All natural harvesting and sun-ripening
- Minimize total environmental impact
- A long-term global initiative ensuring that Chia is in a vital part of the world’s diet in 50-100 years
- Make Chia available at a fair value to the global community
- Invest profits in future growth, more nutritious chia